We are pleased to announce the 2017-18 General Auditions for all of the shows in our upcoming season.
At the time of your audition, inform us which shows and roles you're interested in. The dates can be found on The Playhouse News. All actors must arrive with one copy of your resume and headshot.
To be considered for MUSICALS (or for plays and musicals) please prepare 1 contemporary monologue. Prepare two 30-second contemporary vocal selections. You must provide your own sheet music, preferably in a binder. No CDs, a capella or vocal tracks.
For PLAYS only, prepare 2 contrasting contemporary monologues.
A Few Important Details ....
- Will be held at The Playhouse San Antonio.
- Click the dates above to select your audition date and time.
- Individuals auditioning for John Hinkley in Assassins as well as The Street Musician in IF/THEN must demonstrate guitar playing ability.
- All actors will be compensated (negotiated at offer).
- Generally, show rehearsals will be evenings: Sunday – Thursday, 6:00p – 10:00p.
- DANCE CALL IS 7:00 – 10:00PM ON APRIL 23rd in the RHR of The Playhouse SA
- Non-local performers will be asked for a video dance submission if needed.
- Please arrive with one copy of your resume and headshot.
- Out-of-market performers can submit video submissions to auditions@theplayhouseSA.org
- Roles available and character descriptions can be found in the links below.
Email questions to auditions@theplayhouseSA.org
Auditions for Aye, No!, our collaboration with Teatro Audaz, will be held separately. We will make certain to share that information soon.